Saturday, June 23, 2012

Chalkboard

When I found this at the thrift store, I wasn't immediately impressed. It was dirty, painted ugly brown, and instead of glass, it had this grimey plastic covering. What made me take a second look was the fact that the frame is solid wood and has an interesting home carved look.


Once I took off the plastic, I found that the painting is actually pretty nice. On the back is a nice plaque that says it was painted in Havre, MT in 1972, and has the artists name. I think I might try to track her down on craigslist to see if she wants it.

I cleaned the wood, spray painted it white, and distressed it. Then I bought a piece of MDF at Home Depot. It was only $3.95 and they cut it to size for me. I sprayed two coats of chalkboard paint, then attached it to the back of the frame.

 Now I have a big chalk board to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment