Tuesday, July 10, 2012

4th of July

I've been feeling like a slacker lately because I don't have anything exciting to blog about, then I realized...duh!...4th of July! It's only my favorite holiday, the only day Jake and I jointly throw a party, and our anniversary!

This year, we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary, and our 4th annual 4th of July party.

For our anniversary, I bought Jake a rest for his new bow. I picked out a new lantern for the post in our front yard, even put it on hold at a local store, but Jake has yet to pick it up for me. I don't know if he is trying to come up with a different gift idea or what, but pretty soon I'm going to give up waiting and buy that lantern for myself :)

The party was a success. We ate BBQ, drank alot, and set the field on fire a few times with some fireworks. Have no fear...the boys were ready with buckets of water!

Here is our 3 year anniversary photo:

And on our wedding day, July 4, 2009. Things really haven't changed much:

On a (very exciting) side note...Jake found out a couple of weeks ago that he will be promoted to Technical Sergeant! This promotion won't take place until sometime next spring, but I'm incredibly proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment