Here are some "before" photos:
There was plenty of wood trim...but not the nice "original to the house" wood trim that you typically find in older homes, no it was cheap junk from a big box store.
Some of the walls were covered in what we assumed was wallpaper. I thought it would be no problem to strip the wallpaper off. I quickly found out that what was attached to the walls was actually plywood with wallpaper wrapped around it, then glued to the wall. Seriously? Who does that?
And here is a shot of the grimy laminate floor.
A few "during" shots:
This is what the wall looked like under the wallpaper covered plywood. The glue really tore up the walls.
Here is already looks so much better, and it's only primed!
And finally after lots of work, the beautiful upstairs bathroom:
We kept the toilet, just got a new seat and brushed nickel handle. The cabinet above the toilet is the same, I just painted it and put on new brushed nickel handles.
We got a new vanity and medicine cabinet. We went with granite countertop because it really isn't very expensive for one that small. I absolutly love this vanity! Drawers are so much more practical than doors.
It was a couple of years ago that I picked out the wall paint, but I think it was called Bleached Wheat. The towels, rugs, and shower curtain are all from the Martha Stewart Collection at Macy's and the color I think was called Sea Spray.
You can only barely see the ceramic tile in this picture, but I am proud to say that we did it ourselves! Jake cut the tiles and I prepped the floor and laid them. Two years later, it still looks great, so I guess we did alright :)