Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mod Podge Coasters

I've seen lots of DIY coaster photos on Pinterest lately, but I figured I could just wing it, and it turned out as easy as it seems. Here's how I did it:

You will need:
4x4 tiles ( the Habitat for Humanity Restore has TONS of tiles and the 4x4 size are 25 cents each)
scrapbook paper
mod-podge & a brush


I cut the scrapbook paper about 3 3/4 x 3 3/4, so there would be a very small border of tile left around the paper.

Then I applied a thin layer of mod-podge directly on the tile.

Then I put the paper in the center and applied a thin layer of mod-podge over the paper.

The mod-podge is white when it is wet, but it dries clear. When it was clear, I applied another thin coat.

See, the one on the right is starting to dry on the edges.

Not including the mod-podge, this project was less than $1

I'm thinking these might look nice in my parent's living room...what do you think mom?

1 comment: