Friday, April 20, 2012

Meatball Subs

#9 on my 30 B4 30 list is done! I have "perfected the meatball sandwich." OK...so "perfect" is certainly based on personal preference...so I guess I shouldn't say it's perfect...but it's super easy to make, so it's perfect for me! I found a few different recipes online and simplified them to make them easy enough for me. Here's how I made mine:

Ingredients:
1 lb italian sausage
1 cup italian bread crumbs
1 egg
1 jar marinara sauce (I used a 4 cheese flavor)
provalone cheese (which I forgot to buy, so I used parm)
french bread hoagies

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Mix meat, bread crumbs, and egg in a bowl. Really the only way I could get it well mixed was to squish it with my hands.
Form the mixture into balls and place them into a well greased casserole pan.


Bake the meatballs for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the marinara sauce in a large skillet.
Take the meatballs out of the oven and spoon them into the bubbling sauce.


Gently shake the pan to stir, as using a spoon may break the meatballs.
Simmer for another 20 minutes.
I did not toast our hoagies, but it would be easy to throw them in the oven after the meatballs if you want to.
Spoon the meatballs on the bread and top with cheese.


If you try them, let me know what you think. Jake loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment