Friday, September 25, 2009

Better Than "You Know What" Cake

Jake told me about this cake that his friend brought in to work. I just had to try it, so Igot the recipe from his friend's wife. I used Butter Pecan cake mix because it's what she recommended, but I believe you could use whatever flavor you think would taste good.

1 box cake mix
12 oz. cool whip
1 can condensed milk
1 bottle caramel ice cream topping
1 heath bar

Make the cake
While still warm poke holes in the cake with a wooden spoon handle
Pour milk into the holes until the cake absorbs it
Pour caramel into the holes
Allow to cool
Top with cool whip
Top with crumbled candy bar

I couldn't find a heath bar at the commissary or BX, so mine has caramel topping instead of heath bar.

Make sure you don't put the cool whip on until right before you are ready to serve, mine sat for a few hours until after dinner, and the cool whip "deflated"

No comments:

Post a Comment