Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sonic Ocean Water

I found a wonderful blog, Meemo's Kitchen, that has lots of copycat recipes that are supposed to be just like recipes of famous food or drinks from restaurants. Jake loves the drink called Ocean Water from Sonic, so I decided to try the Ocean Water recipe from that blog.

3 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp coconut extract
3-4 drops blue food coloring
2 12 oz cans of Sprite

Mix the sugar and water and zap in the microwave for 30 seconds to dissolve all the sugar.
Cool the syrup before using.
Add extract and food coloring.
Combine syrup and soda and serve over ice.

We really liked the recipe and it does actually taste like the real thing!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try that! I'm drinking an Ocean Water right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ocean water and don't have a Sonic around so i will try this for sure! Thanks

    ReplyDelete