Thursday, October 24, 2013

14 Weeks Old

On Sunday, Cooper was 14 weeks old, but tomorrow marks 1 month past his due date, so his corrected age is 1 month old. I absolutely love being home with him!

I now see that I'm not going to be able to blog as often as I did when he was in the hospital.The is just no free time. When he's awake, I'm busy feeding or cuddling or playing with him. When he sleeps, I do household chores. My new goal is to do an update blog at least once a week.

Last Thursday, the home health nurse weighed Cooper and he was 5lbs 7.5 oz. She came back today and he is 5 lbs 14.5 oz. 7 oz gain in a week! He was also 17.75 inches long. This week, Cooper also transitioned from preemie to newborn clothes and diapers!

An interesting note, Cooper is 14 weeks old and we have yet to buy any diapers! They were supplied while he was in the hospital, and we recieved a few packs at the baby shower.

Another interesting note, Cooper has brown eyes already. We were pretty sure he would develop brown eyes because Jake's are brown and mine were brown when I was a kid. I'm just surprised they changed so fast!

Today, the rest of Jake squadron came home from the deployment, which means Jake's hunting buddy is home. As soon as Jake finishes his online class this weekend, they will head out for a hunting trip. He may be gone about a week, so Cooper and I have big plans to organize the basement.

Jake sold the couches from the basement last month, so now we have a nice empty room. I think that means I should set up the sewing desk and cutting table that used to be in the craft room that is now the guest room. No more sewing at the kitchen table! 

Isn't he so cute in his bear towel!

No comments:

Post a Comment