Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Home Again/ 3 Months Old

Cooper was discharged from Seattle Children's Hospital on Thursday. We will be going back in November for another bronch, a swallow study, and meeting with a nutritionist. We stayed at the Ronald McDonald House one more night, and left Seattle Friday morning. We stopped in Post Falls Idaho to visit Cabelas and stay the night.

Saturday morning, we got on the interstate and didn't even make it a mile before a tire blew out. The G8 doesn't have a spare tire, just a patch and pump kit, but the tire was completely shredded and not salvageable. We got a tow, bought a new tire and 2 hours later were back on the road.

On the trip home we got a call from a worker at the Ronald McDonald House. A child staying there was diagnosed with chicken pox so there is a chance we may have been exposed. Jake and I had chicken pox as kids, but Cooper is too young for the shot. We are hoping he was not exposed since he only spent one night there. Chicken pox is very dangerous in babies, especially ones as tiny as Coop.

It is great to be home again! I think Cooper is happy too! No one waking him up to unwrap him and listen to his lungs, or squeeze his leg with a blood pressure cuff, or stick his heels for blood, or poke him all over to get an IV in. What a relief!

Yesterday was Cooper's 3 month birthday! I can't believe how fast time is going by. He was 5 lbs 4 oz at the pediatrician's office today. I'm glad he's gaining weight, but I'm sad he's growing up. I just love exactly how he is right now.

I think we are pretty lucky that he is so easy to care for. He falls asleep right away in the car, so the long trip home was pretty smooth. This morning he slept in his bouncer long enough for me to take a shower, fix my hair, and sort laundry before leaving for his ped appointment. The only time he's not so easy is in the middle of the night. He likes to sleep all day and party all night. That's kind of expected with a newborn though. I'm surprisingly not that tired during the day. I guess new moms adjust to bring very little sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment