Monday, July 20, 2009

Italian Neighbors

I don't have any photos or adventures to share today, but I do have a funny little story.

We live in an apartment building with 5 other apartments. One of the apartments in our building houses an African family, mom, dad, and two sons. One of the sons is learning English in school and likes to try to talk to us. Another apartment houses a young Asian couple. Another, a young Italian couple with one son. A very diverse little apartment building huh?

Well, the Italian boy is named Marco, and sometimes the mom or dad will walk out on their balcony to call him to come back inside. So, often we will hear them say "Marco!" then a few seconds later "Marco!"

Let me tell you, it is very hard to not yell back, "Polo!"

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud when I read this! Too funny! =] -Jen Mester

    ReplyDelete