Saturday, August 29, 2009

Strawberry Daiquiri Pie

I got a recipe from a friend from church, Kathy Matthews, for Lemonade Pie. This recipe calls for frozen lemonade concentrate, but the Commissary on base was completely out of frozen lemonade. They did have other flavors of frozen concentrate, so I figured this recipe would work for any of them. I chose the Strawberry Daiquiri flavor. (non-alcoholic)

Ingredients: (to make 1 pie)
Graham cracker pie shell
6 oz frozen strawberry daiquiri concentrate
1 can sweetened condensed milk
8 oz carton of cool whip (thawed)

The commissary didn't have 6 oz. juice concentrate or 8 oz cartons of cool whip, so I altered the recipe a bit and made 2 pies.

Ingredients: (to make 2 pies)
2 graham cracker pie shells
10 oz frozen strawberry daiquiri concentrate
1 can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz carton of cool whip (thawed)


Directions:
Mix the three ingredients until smooth, pour into pie crust and refridgerate.



I'm kind of sad I'm selling these at the bake sale. They are so light and fruity, perfect for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment