Saturday, February 11, 2012

DIY Lace Topped Boot Socks

My friend Jamie pinned a photo of boot socks with lace trim on Pinterest. I decided to make some for her for her birthday. 

I don't knit, so I bought a pair of nice boot socks from Target and found a pretty elastic lace at Joann's.

I wanted the lace to lay flat when the sock was stretched on a leg, so I wanted to stretch the sock while sewing. I took the front storage compartment off my sewing machine and stretched the sock (inside out) around the remaining part.


Then I sewed the lace along the top of the sock, overlapping about an inch where the ends met.
It turned out to be super easy! 

I wish I had long, skinny, model legs to show off the socks, but I'm 5'3" so it is what it is!

I gave her the socks last night at her birthday party and she wore them today with boots. I'd say it was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment