Friday, February 24, 2012

Dreams

Jake and I were talking about what home improvement projects we want to use our tax return for, and it got me thinking about my dream home. We're only 27, so it's a little early to plan our dream home...but I can still start gathering ideas...right? I really like the house we have now. It's small, but it is a perfect starter home. It has also made me realize certain things that I would require in my dream home.

Most importantly...location. Jake and I both agree we want to be in the country. Close enough to drive to the city, but still private.
Something like this would be AMAZING! Yes...I realize a location like this would be hard to find and very expensive...but it's a dream!

As for the style of house....I love craftsman.

One thing that made me fall in love with our current house is the color, white siding with blue trim. I love the look of this photo, with the red door! I cannot convince Jake to let me paint our current front door red...bummer...maybe on our dream home!

I've collected a couple of house plans, but this one is my favorite.
I was told by my sister-in-law that the reason I love this house plan is very similar to my childhood home. After looking again, I admit she is completely right...and still love it!

Jake is more a fan of the open floor plans, so this one is a nice compromise. The entryway would be awesome!

I have lots of interior photos saved, and I won't bore you with all of them, but I want to share my favorite, white glass front cabinets in the kitchen. Again, something very similar to what we had in the house I grew up in.

***I do not own any of these images. Each photo links to the site that I "borrowed" the inspiration from***

No comments:

Post a Comment