Monday, February 20, 2012

Kitchen Freshin' Up

When we moved in, we were excited about a this great glass front display cabinet in the dining part of the kitchen. I love my Fiestaware and want to add to my collection, so I thought it would be great to have them out where they can add color to the kitchen. This is what the cabinet looked like this morning:


Like I said before, I was excited about displaying dishes, and it's a great idea, but it is horrible to clean! The two glass doors slide and overlap, so getting an arm inside to wipe the glass is very hard and there are certain parts that can't be reached at all. So, it always looks dirty and there is always a glare on the glass. I've wanted to take the glass off for a while, and just leave the shelves open, and today I finally took out the screw driver and started pulling it apart. It was a booger to get out! I finally had to have Jake bend the metal tracks to slide them out. As he said "Whoever built this house did NOT want this taken out!" We finally got it out and popped the glass out. It was great to be able to really deep clean those shelves. Here you can see the mirror backing. I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep it with a mirror or maybe do some cute paper as a backing. For now, it will stay a mirror.


Now my Fiestaware is visible and looks fresh out in the open without that yucky glass. Some of the pieces are in the dishwasher right now, but I still have plenty of room to add to the collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment