Friday, July 19, 2013

Emotions

Cooper has been doing so well in the NICU that it is easy to forget how precarious of a situation we are really in. We have crossed so many milestones in the past few days, like getting to hold him for a short amount of time, and Cooper eating a tiny bit of my milk through a feeding tube. I'm so proud of him for being a fighter but when things don't look so great it scares me even more.

This evening he had a few moments when his heart rate dropped drastically. Everyone says it is very common in preemies for that to happen, but when you are watching the monitor of your own child,  it's incredibly scary. I'm not typically an emotional person, but every evening when I leave to come home I shed a few tears. Mommies aren't supposed to be separated from their babies.

So while we technically had another good day, it was an emotional day.

2 comments:

  1. Maggie, you have no idea how inspirational your strength is. I cant imagine how this is, but as with everything, time will fly and he will be home! He already looks so different!
    stay strong momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued prayers being said for you. Remember that Michelle was a 27 week baby, so if you need to talk, I'm here!

    ReplyDelete