Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Book Club

A group of my friends started a book club last February. We call it "Who Picked This Book!" and meet once a month to discuss the previous book and to choose the next book. We really do spend most of the time talking about the book, but it's a bunch of girls so we also have a little girl talk. Here is a list of the books we have read so far:

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
In the Shadow of Gotham by Stefanie Pintoff
The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist
The Chosen Soul by Heather Killough-Walden
Perfect by Ellen Hopkins
Busted Bronco by Joe O'Brien
Blindness by Jose Saramago
& currently reading Wife by Wednesday by Catherine Bybee

I won't bore you will a review of each book, but I will tell you that I highly recommend:
the entire Hunger Games series (I promise it's not just for teens)
One for the Money and the rest of the Stephanie Plum series for a great laugh
and Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet if you are into history

2 comments:

  1. So glad to be in the club with you. I look forward to it very much and it has allowed me to read more in the last year than I have ever read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read al of them except "Blindness" - I love anything by Ken Follett and I have to admit that I am a Hunger Games fan!

    ReplyDelete