Sunday, January 29, 2012

My favorite Apps

Jake and I were eligible for phone upgrades in December, so I took the plunge and got a smartphone. I really didn't think I needed a smartphone, and I honestly probably don't, but I am enjoying some of the apps.

Here are my favorite downloaded apps:

1. Pudding Camera (free version) - this app is a little better than the camera app that comes on the phone. You can change "lenses" to fun ones like fisheye, panorama, and motion (which makes 4 photos in one.) You can also change the colors to vintage, black & white, and vivid, as well as others. It's pretty fun!

2. Fuel Log (free version) - this app brings out the responsible adult in me. Each time I fill up the gas tank, I open the app and enter the milage on my car, amount of fuel, and cost of fuel. This app then tracks my mpg and what I have spent on gas, as well as how many days and miles have gone by since my last fill up. Pretty handy!

3. Open Sudoku (free) - Love this app! I'll admit, I have become addicted to Sudoku! There are three difficultly levels, so I can pick "easy" if I only have a few minutes to play, and "hard" if I want a long challenge.

4. Woman Log (free version) - this one is just for the ladies! This app will track your menstrual cycle if you set your start date and stop date and after a couple months of tracking, it predicts your next cycle as well as ovulation and fertile days. This is handy if you are trying to conceive or trying to avoid it :)

I also use a few of the apps that were already on the phone when I got it. These are my most used apps:

1. Calendar - I don't even carry around a planner anymore. As soon as I get an invite to an event, or set an appointment, I open my calendar on my phone and add it. No matter where I am or what I'm doing, I always have my phone with me, so when my friends want to plan something, I can whip out my phone and check my calendar. No more lugging around a giant planner in my purse!

2. Memo - I also used to carry around a notebook in my purse. I have a horrible memory and have learned to make lists and notes to myself, so now I can just open the memo app and type my notes. Such a simple app, but so handy and it gets used multiple times a day!

So, what are some of your favorite apps?

No comments:

Post a Comment