Saturday, January 21, 2012

Living Room Redo

This is what the living room looked like when we moved in. Tan carpet, white walls, and hideous vertical blinds...blah...I don't like blinds! I did love the fan though!

 Here is what the living room currently looks like. I did double layer curtains. I've bought all of my curtains from Walmart and am very impressed by the quality for the cost!
I went with an americana theme with a country decor feel. We have a store in Great Falls called Real Deals and it has lots of cute "country" type decor for great prices. You have to go at least once a month though because they restock often.
 My mom made this beautiful quilt!
I still love the americana theme, but I want the living room to be more neutral for when we put the house on the market, so I plan to move all of the wall decor to the master bedroom. Then I will paint the walls a soft neutral tan color and add thicker trim in white.

I really like the wall color in this photo from one of my favorite blogs, Clarendon Lane. It's Barley by Eddie Bauer for Valspar. I also like the decor, I like to call it Modern Country Cottage.

I am very inspired by this photo also from Clarendon Lane.
I love the window, shutters, and wreath and have already rounded up an old window and shutters that need to be refinished. How cute would that look behind the sofa? I have grand plans in my head...we'll just see when I get the time to put it all together!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie,
    Thanks for linking to my home! From one military wife to another, keep it up! I love your americana theme too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete