Saturday, January 21, 2012

Master Bedroom Redo

Here is what the master bedroom looked like when we moved in. Original hardwood floors and white walls.

Last August, Jake went on a TDY so I took advantage of my time alone to redo the master bedroom. My friend Jamie came over to help and we finished it in one weekend! I painted the walls cream and the trim dark brown. I bought cream faux silk curtains and already had a dark brown faux silk duvet cover. I used an old hollow core door and painted it cream with a dark brown border and screwed it into the wall for a headboard. I saw a fun idea on pinterest and made our names into scrabble art. But my favorite part is the huge leaning mirror I found at Walmart for $40!

When Jake got home he was impressed by the redecorating, but said we really needed a new fan to match, so we found this fan at Home Depot. So much nicer that the brass and white one!

I have to admit, I'm not loving the master bedroom decor anymore. It's a hodgepodge of random stuff I liked, put together in a modern feel. I'm not a modern decor kinda person. Lately, I've been attracted to the country cottage decor. Jake will probably be going TDY again this year, so I have new plans for this room!

I'm thinking maybe a neutral light gray for the walls and back to white trim. For the wall color, maybe Olivewood by Glidden. This isn't a great photo, I'm just showing it for the wall color.
Then I want to move my americana decor from the living room to the bedroom. I plan to use the quilt my mom made as a hanging headboard and since I already own lots of americana decor, the only cost for the project will be paint...and maybe a new duvet cover...and some cute pillows...but really this will be a budget redo!

No comments:

Post a Comment